Home Inspection Process
Here at Mystic Home Inspection we follow the strict Standards of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
A home inspection is an objective visual examination of the physical structure and systems of a house, from the roof to the foundation. For a real show, visit the
ASHI Virtual Home Inspection Tour.
- Structural System: Foundations, basements and crawlspaces
- Roof: Roof coverings, flashings, roof drainage systems, skylights, chimneys, plumbing vents and ventilation.
- Attic: Framing, sheathing, insulation and ventilation
- Plumbing System: Water distribution piping and valves, sinks, toilets, tubs, showers and water heaters
- Electrical System: Service entrance wires, main electrical panels, auxiliary electrical panels, distribution branch wiring, outlets, switches, lighting fixtures, and ceiling fans
- Heating/Cooling Systems: Heating systems, cooling systems, house fans, humidifiers and air filters/cleaners
- Interior: Floors, walls, ceilings, windows, doors and other visible permanent features
- Exterior/Site: Exterior walls, siding, trim, windows, doors, porches, patios, decks, steps, stairs, garages, sidewalks, driveways and grading
- Insulation and Ventilation: Visible insulation that may be found in crawl spaces and attics is reported. Ventilation systems where needed are described.
- Fireplaces: Masonry, visible flue and flue lining, damper
The home inspection should not be confused with a property appraisal, a municipal code inspection, an environmental audit, or a homeowner's warranty.